View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #4925
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
You didn't like the new APC? It's definitely not their best work but there are some high points to it I feel. I feel like Maynard exploring various vocal ranges and techniques with Puscifer has bled over into APC and Tools music, I'm not a fan of the change. I miss Maynards rage and angst. His winery, jui jitsu academy, food truck, yoga studio and three bands has taken away a lot of his anger. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy that he found peace, but that energy is what worked for Tool's music. Although I do like the new song, it doesn't come close to anything off Aenema or Lateralus. Maynard needs to get angry and all four of them need to spend some time together reconnecting. Artistically speaking, I know that I do better work when I have some sort of issues I am trying to sort out. It just comes out through my work. I imagine Maynard is no different.....and it's showing. Adam, Danny and Justin all 3 did an amazing job on the new material that I've heard so far. I am kinda sad that the new album has 7 songs and I've heard 3 of them already. Hoping for greatness on the remaining 4.
Sorry man. Missed your reply and just saw it. I really thought the new APC was a weak effort. All their other albums got a hook into me and I loved them (including eMotive and aMotion). I was so looking forward to this new album and I just couldn't get into it at all. Like you I miss the earlier anger and rage. I totally get that we all age and things change but its disappointing. I'm actually digging the new Tool song and am hoping the new album is a winner. One of my Ex's loved Tool and I saw them a shit ton of times back in the day.

Ill leave you this Gem from APC

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Kyngofpop676.00