09-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #83
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Lol. NO. Not even remotely close...in the slightest way. Adding a bunch of stickers and badges doesn't make something special...
In fairness it sounds like this is a lot more than just stickers and badges. An M Sport Package is stickers and badges. Just from a quick skim of the press release it looks like they changed the suspension, the transmission tuning (with launch control, not sure if the base models had this before), the seats (ask M2 owners about how important that is), the brakes, and even added a locking differential (something that's going to be available on other M Performance models going forward). I'm sure I'm missing some things, as well. It might not be a full M, but it's certainly a step towards M, and fits nicely in between. Frankly, after seeing how much they're doing to the X2 M35 and reading the gushing reviews of the M850 and Z4 M40 prototype drives, it shows me BMW is taking M Performance models seriously, and makes me very excited for the upcoming M340, M440, etc.
Appreciate 0