View Single Post
      09-28-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Write A Letter: It Helped!

I wrote a letter to corporate and got an immediate call back from the head office.

The told me they took the letter extremely seriously and that it was being circulated throughout the entire Corp and many dealers. They told me it was read in the corporate meeting.

They went on to say they are very concerned over threats of price gouging, especially one price for old customers and a “jacked” one for new.

I believe they are sincere. I did not get the feeling of lip service, I truly believe they are very concerned. It wasn't a bullsh*t conversation. They could have also just as easily wrote a quick thank you note instead. The tone and fast acting only a week after I sent it spoke volumes.

Please write a letter and BE SPECIFIC.

Who said they we're going to do what.

The name of the dealer

and the name of the salesperson.

I think if they hear how widespread this is, they will MAKE a new policy and prohibit assh*lish behavior like the ones being threatened by local dealers.

They encouraged me to seek any other dealer than the ones who would charge over MSRP. "Do not buy from them."

Well to Corp reading this, that doesn't help! They are only allotted so many and will sell every one of them, so what do they care? There isn’t enough to go around anyway…

Secondly, I think they may seriously evaluate the pricing.

TALK. If you don't… you get what you asked for.

If enough people name their concerns, namely that this beast will be in the mid $60's or much higher PLUS a Jack by the dealer of $5k or more, they may do something. They are guaranteeing themselves brand new C63 and Audi drivers if they continue down these lame paths. They know this. They aren’t fools. They spent a great deal of time and money making the M3 top dog. They sure won’t want to see an Audi get Car Of The Year when the M3 wins on the track but is priced much higher. In these cases the cheaper car OFTEN wins.

Pricing an M3 in Porsche territory is plain stupidity. Do they think we will actually believe the M3 to be in the same class?

Anyway, write. It works.
Appreciate 0