View Single Post
      10-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #83
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Definitely agree with all of the above statements... I feel that after my software update and new turbo recall the disengage while stopping is slightly delayed in terms of the car is more fully stopped before the clunk. With all these talks I just ordered the pedal tuner just to see how things improve. I still am biased to sport mode but in a way hope to drive more in comfort with the pedal tuner. Still the the torque converter locking and unlocking I really don't like much.
I think it's done to preserve the transmission under prolonged stops versus having the car push itself while the brakes are holding it back. Not sure which stress is worse overall. It's likely also emission related since you're not "wasting gas" on pushing the car forward when the car is clearly stopped.

I just think BMW didn't thoroughly test this when designing the car. I don't know if they'll fix it though. Nissan had a similarly dangerous issue called ice brake that caused many accidents and it was NEVER fixed. It was on the 370z.
Appreciate 0