Glazonyoursix
Private
Rep
Drives: X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Greco DC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
This sure sounds like a software issue. The key to getting these fixed is to figure out exactly how to recreate the (mis)behavior.

Curious, do you think it has to do with coming off the brake and sharply onto the accelerator? Does snapping the accelerator off, then back on, wake anything up? Or, stabbing at the brake?

I'm slightly wondering if it isn't some kind of interaction with the launch control recognition. I'll make a date with my favorite parking lot.
Unfortunately no. At least for me, it happens when I engage the accelerator either sharply or mildly and the time between releasing the brake and pressing the accelerator doesn't make a difference. In fact, it most happens when I'm "coasting", i. e. my foot has been off the brake for at least a second and I'm starting to roll from a stop.
I second this and if I may add that I highly doubt it would be something that has to do with Launch Control as if I'm not mistaken launch control can only happen when Traction Control is off. When it first happened I had someone in the passenger seat and a truck was coming fast so that really gave me a huge scare. It's one of those things where I really don't think it can be software as it is acceleration that is mainly having.
Appreciate 1