10-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #707
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitextc View Post
I purchased the stand from amazon. makes cleaning and maintenance super easy. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety after I recovered from broken collarbone and surgery to fix that. I took pain meds for about 4 months everyday as directed during the process...when my collarbone healed I stopped taking pain meds but it really almost killed me several hours after I stopped. My body had gotten used to the pain mends and sudden cut off really kicked my rear end. Had to wean off but by the time I weaned off I was experiencing severe anxiety which lead to mild depression after about a year. I did therapy and doctor wanted me on meds to treat anxiety and depression. A friend swayed me against going on meds from his own experience so I took that advice and instead worked on raising my heartbeat with exercise. That's where biking came in and saved me. After about 5 or 6 years my anxiety is gone. Cardio does wonders for our mind and body.
Good cardio health goes a LONG way. Congrats on working your way through it!