06-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #9
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
I've got a fairly early 2016 X1, and the nav system in it uses the ROUTE maps, not the WAY maps. It's still a download and update via USB, but I guess they get updated at different times. The usual download size is around 16GB for the ROUTE maps, and I use a 32GB USB3 stick to do the update in the car. I hope the next version of the ROUTE maps will be out before the end of the month

EDIT: This is what I still see in the BMW Download Manager for the ROUTE map for my VIN (screenshot from the download I did last time...)

Thanks Clive. Way maps for whole regions are only available by USB but cars with 6UP nav option get a specific country update map delivered via inbuilt SIM, (You can select via BMW connected store otherwise the default is home country . E.g U.K. & Eire not whole of Western Europe). Interestingly I upgraded my CID (to 8.8”) and a touch controller and then VO coded my HU from 6UN to 6UP and I started to receive U.K. map updates automatically.

I am sorry to read that owners with 2016 (route rather than way) sat Nav (basically Entrynav as opposed to ENTRYNAV2 Head Units) are still being shortchanged with very infrequent updates. Hope you get your update soon.
Appreciate 0