08-27-2015, 03:44 AM   #49
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrey21 View Post
Has anyone noticed that you get LED Headlights and fogs with the Premium package, an utterly expensive option on most other vehicles. Cold Weather, Premium, Tech, and Luxury pack for about 44k ~ can get closer to 40k after negotiations and discounts with xdrive standard, I think it will do well and Ive seen the Q3 and GLA and they are not as SUV looking as this one, more like glorified hatchbacks. Add M Sport later on and it will be even better for prob 1.5k more.

I just leased a 320xi for my wife with metallic, stand alone nav, heated seats, and sunroof msrp 42k 319 a month, this would have been a nice option, much better equiped, more powerful engine and great looks at a decent price as well.

When im done with my X5 ill be looking at a less expensive option X4 LCI or even this to be honest.
BMW options and packages have always been baffling to me. We get leather seats and LED headlights included for an extra £1500 here in the UK when upgrading to xLine from Sport trim. But Sport + leather seats + LED would be £1895 extra. SatNav as standard on all models.

German versions get LED as standard on both Sport and xLine. But no leather or even roof rails as standard. No SatNav either.

No 17" wheel options with top trims here in the UK, unlike Germany. That's a bit bizarre considering that their roads are a gazillion times better than ours.

Some I can understand. For example, NA market need cold weather package. But I can't see the logic in why certain features are standard or packaged in one market, but individual options in another.
Appreciate 0