View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #1
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Sad dog story (you've been warned)

This sucks, It really does. I'm having to put my dog down tomorrow and I can't sleep...it's 1 in the morning and all I can do is think about it. To me, she's been my companion, but more like a...I hate to love you type thing. She's always been standoffish, but not due to anything, just....anti-social Natalya. But she is my girl. I got her from the shelter when she was just 1 yrs old, I think. Honestly, I don't know how old she was when I got her. But I've had her for 12.5 yrs.

This just sucks. But it's the right thing to do. She's got renal issues, thyroid issues, a softball tumor on her throat, seizures (thank you Kepra), and now her skin is so bad she's just ripping it out all the time. I just got a glimpse of her belly today and it's bald and red. Like her skin is being attacked. We've done 4 courses of antibiotics and Epoqel, but it's still there. And now she is missing major patches of fur all over.

It's the right thing to do. But it doesn't make it any harder. Sometimes she acts like a puppy, running out the door into the backyard to play with the other dogs. But most of the time she hardly moves, and groans when she lays down. Hell I still remember our first day in the house, she ran around so much outside that she forgot she was 12.5 and got a full blown leg cramp. I'm talking down and out, on the floor screaming in pain, the world is ending and this is it. I massaged her legs till she felt better. Even though she hated it. This dog hates attention so much, that if you pet her for longer than 30 seconds she gets up and walks away. To put it best, she's a bitch, no pun intended.

She lost her best friend 7 years ago. Phoebe the boxer. Brain tumor took her unfortunately and she had to be put down. They used to go running and playing at the beach when we lived in South Carolina all the time. The cuddled nonstop. I'm talking they would lay in the crate together all the time or on the dog bed, just always hanging out. They'll get to meet up again.

A COMMON SIGHTING

Damnit look at that now I'm crying again. Don't think she hasn't had a good life. She saw the entire USA. Drove from MA to CA when my wife moved out to be with me. Saw the Bavarian Alps and Neuschwanstein castle while I was stationed in Vilseck Germany for 4 years. It was a training base so tanks and artillery were constantly going off. I'm talking sometimes it sounded like it was a block away. But it never bothered her. I knew something was wrong when she was losing her shit every thunderstorm here in FL. Another reason we are doing it now before the rainy season starts. It's already beginning to rain..

So long old girl. It's been a fun ride.

Last edited by Yapakanichi; 02-11-2019 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 14
Kyngofpop676.00
catcher22294.00
DETRoadster11446.00
minn1913970.00
2000cs3450.00
RickFLM410883.50
King Rudi13152.00
happyjack1657.00
msiv440.00
nyalpine907384.50
pz6193275.50