01-31-2019, 07:56 AM   #15
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick2533 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I thought X1's don't even have the professional Nav 609 option?

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but it makes no sense to me why BMW wouldn't be more helpful with this inquiry. The only responses I'm getting are that my car is not compatible...go pound sand.

If you can get Carplay preparation during a build with business Nav....why can't you have that option to add Carplay after the fact too? I think 2019's come standard with Carplay now, but it's impossible to add it to a 2018 that has every other option except carplay?

unless the 6CP option is some state of the art engineering feat that BMW engineers take weeks to add during a new build, there has to be a simple way for BMW to just make it available to customers who didn't purchase it during a build.

ok...rant over..Maybe if enough of us petition, they'll decide to listen and make the simple changes? Who's with me on this? (Jerry Maguire voice haha)
Hi
I checked, business nav is not required, Nav plus on an x1 will do. They told me the issue has nothing to do with nav either but down to the size of CID (central info display) If 6.5” then Apple will not supply car play because they argue 8.8” display is needed for functionality to work properly.
Sorry

Last edited by MJE60; 02-18-2019 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 0