04-18-2020, 11:03 PM   #294
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Unless you get battery operated wireless cams, you still have to get power to a wireless camera that does not operate on batteries. If you do run battery operated cameras, you have to remember to replace/recharge the batteries. I think I did see some wireless cameras which have solar panels that are used to recharge the batteries.
Arlo Pro 2s have a solar option, but it really isn’t a big deal to charge them. You get email alerts when batteries are getting low and I only have needed to charge them every few months since they only record when sound/motion trigger them. The older ones took lithium batteries like the ones for cameras, but moved those to low traffic areas so they last pretty long (12mo or so). You can also check battery levels in the app to see which ones need to be pulled for charging or battery replacement.

Cloud storage of a rolling 7 days is free for up to 5 cameras on an account and you can do archived recording to usb flash storage via the base. They have two way audio so no need for a ring or nest doorbell.

I’m sure overall wired is better for quality/features and reliability overall, but the Arlo system is stupid simple to install, not that expensive, and the app/remote access is convenient. I also like that you can move them wherever you want very easily. I’ve mounted some in unexpected places like trees where they’re not very noticeable. And it’s not Google/Amazon which is also a plus for me.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50