View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 09:19 AM   #21
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

You've opened a can of worms, but I sense you may have already known that. There are many threads dancing around this topic but none that take it head on that I have found.

Social media is absolutely causing the moral and social decay with the caustic allowance of all that is dark and ugly in humanity to be spotlighted and not hidden or suppressed. I often say that it was intended to be a highlight reel of ones life, but instead has become a lowlight reel.

In the early 2000's a study was done to show the percentage of folks who were lonely, it was staggeringly close to 4 out of 5. Most dont want to publicly admit it, but they are. They see these tools as an outlet for this loneliness and worse, a cure. The problem we all know is that there is no supplement for human interaction (queue 2020 reel) and thus, creates a false sense of connection.

I have heard rumors of studies done by AH in ww2 where he denied newborn babies human contact and thus they died, it wouldn't surprise me. We arent meant to be alone forever, or lack any interaction regardless of how antisocial or introverted we are. We believe we are "following" someones life by seeing what they choose to post but its an edited script delivering false narratives.

What bothers me the absolute most, and my wife of all people has each and every platform she can, is the inability to disconnect. I hear the lamest of excuses from "I run my business there" to "I connect with family/friends abroad blah blah blah. What are you using to do so? Oh yes, A PHONE. Call, text or do what you need. Business isn't predicated on Facebook and I have now two friends who have found more success without its terrible algorithms of advertising.

Dont even get me started on the influence it has on the weak minded.

I. HATE. SOCIAL. MEDIA.
Appreciate 7
TboneS541043.00
vreihen1615278.50
MKSixer34184.50
3.0L8937.00
Soul_Glo13347.00