02-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #11
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Social media and technology have killed personal relationships. It drives me crazy to see people around a table at a restaurant all looking down at their phones. WTF? Aren't you out together to enjoy each others company?

Relationships are formed by actually speaking to someone. Everyone wants to message or email. God forbid they actually pick up the phone. I'll tell an employee - call so and so, say this and that, let me know what he says. Two hours go by, I will follow up only to be told "He hasn't answered my email yet"...... Bang head here.
When I met my GF - she had 3 kids, 14, 16, 18. Shockingly - I liked and got a long with all of them. They lived in E worlds like all kids. After a few weeks I was at her house on a Sun morning and suggested I take her to bfast (pre-covid). I don't have any kids and was raised by a caveman (by todays standards) but I still enjoy time with them. I asked if she thought they'd want to go and she said hell no - they won't be up for hours. I took a chance and opened each of their doors and yelled "SKANK BREAKFAST IN 10 MINUTES!" I was shocked to see they all answered the call with a "WTF is Skank Breakfast?" I explained that they can brush their teeth, but no showers or grooming - hats were acceptable and sweats were the outfit of choice. They all were in - again shockingly.

Once we got to the Ihop that they chose, I explained "no phones either" This was met with groans and I had them all toss them in their moms purse and they fussed a little, but not too much. I then told a joke which started them telling jokes and the phones were forgotten. I barely spoke the entire bfast as they told jokes and funny things that had happened recently.

When we got home they all went back to bed (as expected) fat and happy and my GF said "did you notice all the way home no one even asked for their phones back?!?!?" She said she has not seen them interact with each other that much in years and usually meals we a silent event.

The oldest was just months from leaving for college, but at THEIR request we did a few more before she left. That warmed my heart. After she was at school for 5-6 months, I got a text from the oldest one morning asking if such&such would break "Skank Breakfast" rules. She was taking a few of her housemates to their first Skank Breakfast.

Having never had kids and not being a parent - I think I got a 1% taste of what it is like to see your kids make you proud. =)
2000cs3502.50
Murf99314114.00
tcphoto3537.00
gjm1202183.00
Mirko182.00
MKSixer34184.50
Bingham276.00