View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #10
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I shut my facebook account down years ago. Just recently re-opened it as more of a social experiment with a personal growth achievement I'm trying to work on. I'm a type A asshole. I'm trying to learn how to let people be themselves without me making them feel any particular way about their decision making. I figured facebook was a perfect place for me to see an abundance of ignorance to test my abilities of keeping my (online) mouth shut. I have to remain about 60% professional at work.....I come here for the other 40% to be dispensed upon you lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Social media and technology have killed personal relationships. It drives me crazy to see people around a table at a restaurant all looking down at their phones. WTF? Aren't you out together to enjoy each others company?

Relationships are formed by actually speaking to someone. Everyone wants to message or email. God forbid they actually pick up the phone. I'll tell an employee - call so and so, say this and that, let me know what he says. Two hours go by, I will follow up only to be told "He hasn't answered my email yet"...... Bang head here.
I will admit that I am all too quick to send an email versus calling. The only reason being is that juggling multiple projects under two different job titles, things can get a little scattered. With an email, I can always go back and verify the conversation, details of said conversation, install dates, product info etc. I'm more dependent on outlook than I am anything else. Now if I need to speak to a contractor, I always call them initially. I love messing with those guys.

To touch on the lack of human interaction. Some of the job interviewees today......wow..... I interviewed a girl a few years back that couldn't put her phone down the entire time she was in my office. At one point I stopped talking and just stared at her. The silence finally got her attention. She looked up from her phone and I just smiled and said, "No, it's ok. I don't have anything else to do with my day. I'll wait on you." She did not detect the sarcasm. When she finally looked up at me again, I didn't even finish the interview. I asked her if she had any questions. Of course she asked how much she would make an hour.

Last edited by King Rudi; 02-11-2021 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 7
cmyx6go15761.00
Murf99314114.00
Joekerr7929.00
Lady Jane70858.50
Buug95917408.00
Soul_Glo13347.00