cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I was listening to the radio this morning and they replayed the Christopher Walken interview from yesterday. He is 77 and has never had a cell phone or computer. He has a landline phone that was there when he bought the house and still has the same #.

The 20somethings on the show were yelling "how can you even live without your phone?!?!? OMG!!!! impossible!"

This is the problem. It is no longer an entertainment device for them - it is their entire life. Every part of their lives revolve around their phone - including their self-worth. When you give a device that much power over your life - you are doomed.

When our parents told us to go play outside because that TV would "rot your brains" - they were not too far off. Very sad to see.
Social media and technology have killed personal relationships. It drives me crazy to see people around a table at a restaurant all looking down at their phones. WTF? Aren't you out together to enjoy each others company?

Relationships are formed by actually speaking to someone. Everyone wants to message or email. God forbid they actually pick up the phone. I'll tell an employee - call so and so, say this and that, let me know what he says. Two hours go by, I will follow up only to be told "He hasn't answered my email yet"...... Bang head here.
Murf99314114.00
Lady Jane70879.00
Dang3r12512.00
MKSixer34184.50
omasou2089.00
GERMAN M34182.00