vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Did you know the guys that drove the Lincoln LS with, IIRC, the Coyote engine stuffed under the hood?
Don't recall seeing anything like that in the year that I ran. The craziest car was a tube-frame track car, that was questionably street legal. Everyone else in the event was competing for second place.

Since I was the only person on our team that regularly drove a manual transmission and could launch from the line, I was the designated driver at the two bracket drag strip events. Missed making the quarterfinals by 0.001 seconds to a 911 at the first one, and drew the above-mentioned tube frame race car in the first round at the second drag strip. I was really looking forward to taking him out of that event, and having an awesome picture staged next to him at the starting tree for our sponsors. Sadly, it started to rain just as the racing was about to start, and Brock decided to cancel the drags for safety reasons.

There was a hush-hush unofficial betting pool among the teams for who would score the highest and most speeding tickets during the week. The winner was over a buck forty MPH, and one woman driver racked up something like 17 tickets. We were not participating in the pool.....