View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

AMS Catted DP's

I got the AMS catted downpipes installed at the dealer today and they were able to get the job done fairly quickly. I went by to pick the car up this afternoon and check out their work.

I started it up in their customer delivery area and I was just flat amazed by the sound difference. Instantly reminded me of the older Turbo 911's with regards to the slightly raspy sound and turbo noises. It is, without a doubt, the single best performance mod out there, IMO, for the F10 M5. While I was busy paying the install bill, an M3 owner and a couple of the Service employees asked me to start it and rev the car. They were equally blown away by the sound from just the catted DP's. The Service Mgr. also asked me to start and fully agreed with our impression of the exhaust sound.

Thanks, Nate, for giving me all of the information I needed to make the decision between the catted and catless. I am an older hotrodder and I can tell you that this exhaust sound fills my needs. Roll down your window when you want to hear that nasty turbo growl or roll it up when you don't. Again, the best performance mod for the buck.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0