View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #60
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
I believe the mat is not there in cars with factory spares, so it is entirely possible that the fit will be tight. The diameter and profile of your 19" tire may put things over the edge?
Thanks for the picture. In other cars I had in the past, there was no mat under the spare wheel. So it's not a big deal. I was curious to compare. In my opinion, the mat is only needed when we use it as cargo space.

You are probably right about my 19" wheel profile, but not due to the diameter, but more to its thickness.

The 135/90/17 has a theorical diameter of 26.6". 135/70/19 is supposed to be 26.4". I think there are still a bit clearance in the depression area.

But it's the thickness of the tire that blocks the wheel to go further in that depression. I am just surprised because I thought the same 135 tire width should be the same. I guess it's the wheel width of 5.5" that changes the shape of the tire a bit.

Another question, does your spare tire have to be inflated at 60psi too? When I tried the tire alone, it went in no problem.

This could be another reason. I could deflate the tire a bit, but I don't want to have an air pump and the hassle to pump it when I need it.

Name:  IMG_20201104_125151.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  328.9 KB

Last edited by trnguyen; 11-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0