10-24-2020, 10:11 PM   #119
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
yesterday we were driving in my mates model s to a badminton game. he tries to show off with acceleration autopilot etc to another friend who he was trying to impress. I could hear rickety suspension noises especially fromrear (20k miles)Also tells us how he has bought shares in Tesla and 'believes in the product'
few minutes later he exclaims oh shit I have only 6 miles left. Nearest charger 12 miles away. Stops his car and mutters 'I should have calculated better.
We take a taxi home.
I vow never to set foot inside his vehicle again.
Well sounds to me like your friend is just an idiot. My friend has had a model 3 for a few years, he drives it for work so it has to have 50k+ miles on it. I don't recall any noises coming from it when I visited. Mine definitely has no rattles or suspension noise but mine only has 15k miles.

As for running out of juice, again that seems to be an issue with your friend, not so much the car. I have never run out of gas and have never run out of battery on the tesla. However I'm the kind of person that starts thinking about filling up when I'm at half a tank. If I hit 1/4 tank I start getting anxiety. Plus I charge it at home so I always start the day with a full tank. I have never HAD to charge it outside my garage.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18143.00