2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
https://insideevs.com/news/450511/te...ension-issues/

riding inside my mates 3 years old model s is like sitting inside a rickety old box. most noise coming from the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
I think it's universally understood build quality is lackluster. But the fanbois don't care, so it's all good.
While there is definitely tesla fanbois who will praise the company no matter what they do I also feel there are plenty of haters who will hate on the company no matter what they do.

When I got my model 3 (used 2018) I was totally expecting a complete disaster. I had 7 days to return it and was bored during lockdowns so said fuck it lets see. I was surprised just how.... normal... it was. Nothing blatantly obvious with build quality, all the materials seemed like nice quality, there isn't much in the interior, but the materials that are there are on par or better quality than your average 3 series. I personally find the white pleather really nice, better than the pleather BMW was putting in their cars when I had my 1 series. That shit was like rubber.

My car has no rattles and everything feels nice and tight. That being said I don't think I have ever had a car (including BMWs) that didn't have a rattle, somewhere at some point. Now if you are anal retentive I'm sure you will notice some of the body panel gaps are larger than they should, some are not 100% even, but nothing any normal person would notice.

Plus Tesla has been doing this for what... like 12 years? How long have the other manufacturers been at this... a century? Now if you want to talk about Tesla service or their buying experience or their software policies.... then I'm all in favor of calling them out on that!

Good for you for the price they charge it better be rattle free for you.
my mates model s was £79000. sitting inside it was no different from vauxhall and citroen taxis bar the vegan leather and acceleration.
For similar money one could do so much better...
Appreciate 0