10-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #15
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Sound and Performance.

Note:

I didn't drive the car that hard. I mean I tried, but the JB4 failsafed me when in map2, fail safety 30, twice.

Before it failesafed me at WOT, the car seemed to be a BEAST, more than normal with 4 additional PSI!

THANK GOD for the failsafe! Logged it. Emailed terry. Warmer day out as well. Dunno.

Anyhow, in stock mode, map 0 (no issues), the car is so much smoother in the RPM band.

I can't say that things appeared faster or more power, but looking down at my KOSO boost gauge, it appeared that boost was more stable according to a comparison of stock.

I didn't drive the car in my formal test mode long enough to analyze the sound (no woosh though), and I didn't listen that carefully for BOV, etc.. I was more concerned about why the heck map 2 failsafed me. I will say when I got home and looked at the logs, they definitely did not look - at all like I had before the intake. Looked like there was so much power in the logs.

Tomorrow I have about a 100 mile drive to do. I'll let everyone know how things go with that. That's a much better test!
Appreciate 0