View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #54
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

I wanted to say I truly appreciate all of you whom have shared experiences with these products over various threads. From my POV, it seems the tuning boxes simply aren't the best solution for this engine.

Since 2004, I've had a slew of vehicles that have been flash tuned; 3 VW GTI's (MK'S IV, V & VI) and a MKVI bodied Golf R, all by APR, trouble free. My 15 X1 35i had a Dinan tune...same deal, flawless. I go in, they tune it, I'm on my way, enjoying the car. This plug-n-play thing just seems relentlessly OKAY at best, and a moderate to major PITA at worst. I'm sure dude from BMS is a lovely person, but I don't want to be emailing him every 32 seconds with logs et al...I don't have the spare time for that. I was gonna try to help out by purchasing RaceChip but subsequent research leads me to believe that they have some challenges with customer service and again...I ain't got all day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm out here pulling for you guys to get these things working/be satisfied with your purchases, however I feel like I'm going to wait and see what happens on the ECU tune side of things.