View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #109
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Haha I am still itching to get on the Dyno. So yes guys.. map 2 is VERY nice in comparison. It does almost feel like the BMS pedal tuner is installed/turned on. However .. the magic problem is 30psi. Keep in my mind my own Boost readings are based upon the JB4 logging app which should be corrected. Both in Map 1 and Map 2 when I pin the throttle as soon as it hits 30psi it goes into the failsafe mode. In terms of WOT driving, I've always believed you need to drive your car hard once in a while to keep it running in good condition and you shouldn't be afraid of doing it. What's the difference between WOT and 85%? it's 15% more.. but there's no hard stop when it's WOT like you're maxing out the engine within inches of life. My cars have always behaved great, no burning oil or smoke, and many have gone over 200K miles. So, depending on the day/time I hope to be able to give my car at least a good rolling 80% throttle ish to a WOT once in a while. I will make a note to try to pull up the dashboard numbers to see what it reads, or else I'll log it with my OBDII reader sometime.

So right now I haven't gotten a direct answer if/what there is different in Map2 than all the rest. Terry certainly said that hitting 30psi is pretty darned high, and I agree that is is. A couple decades ago I could push my Mitsubishi's up to 30+ psi on large turbos, but any of the smaller ones just don't do squat going higher but blow more hot air (which is why I think perhaps this turbo is maxing out).

I agree I would love to drive on map2 all the time, but I would hate it to bog out on the times I do hit wide open throttle, I think even an easy rolling into the throttle onto a highway you could probably hit 30psi by about 5,000 rpm if you don't let off. At least with the JB4 it just kind of jolts down a little (lowered boost all of a sudden). On older cars hitting fuel cut or boost limit is like hitting a wall, and you think you broke something badly!
Appreciate 0