View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #98
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

welp, BMS sent me another wireless unit via priority/express UPS mail and it arrived last night. it works, so the unit is now fully connected to my phone and i am running map 2. map 1 seems like it would be the safer choice even though BMS says map 2 is safe and it does feel it. i would have left it on map 1 if it weren't for the differences in the way the car drives in map 2, for example not lurching forward as if given an injection of nitrous or something in map 1. it was super sensitive to the throttle's touch and would unpredictably lurch forward even when progressively pressing on the throttle. in map2 this doesn't happen at all.

i am really quite satisfied with the performance in map2 as it feels quite similar to the performance in map1 but there are no lurches where it feels unrefined or unfinished. as if that map would probably work better for the more pedestrian versions of the x2 rather than the m35i, not that map2 was developed with our engine variant in mind, but it just feels like an enhanced bmw not a bmw on funky steroids as in map1. i definitely feel as though the purchase was worth it after experiencing the car in map2 and because i'm not going to modify the car further with boltons or fuel variants (e85 or methanol) i'm leaving it there as that's as far as BMS recommends without said additional components.

that's about all i have to update. rice_rocket88 not quite sure why your car couldn't even handle map1, but it's something that i'd definitely continue to contact BMS over because mine is handling map2 just find. keep in mind however, that i don't ever drive the car WOT that would potentially put it into safe mode (map 0, stock settings).