View Single Post
      09-17-2020, 03:12 PM   #86
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

rice_rocket88 I installed the unit today. It did not come with the bluetooth connector/dongle, so I installed it without it as the default map is map 2 and I drove it around a bit to see how it drives.

I would call the driving experience OEM+. It's not a huge difference in the way that the TOM's unit provided my previous Lexus IS300 F Sport. What I did notice that was kind of strange was that it initially threw all sorts of errors re: a ton of electrical systems and then they went away. This happened as I began to drive not initially after I started the car. It warned me that one system was calibrating so to drive cautiously and I stopped to let it calibrate and then all of the errors went away. I turned off the car and restarted it and there was nothing. What is different is like it revs very high very quickly if I'm not careful with my foot -- it's almost as if I had installed a throttle response modulator but I didn't and it will hold the revs pretty long and pretty high - not redline high, but pretty damn high for quite a while before it will upshift.

The wireless dongle thing comes tomorrow so I guess I can plug that in and change the settings, but honestly I'm going to leave it as is. I mean, I'm going to connect the dongle to the device and set it up with my phone, but I'm not going to change any of the settings because I really just wanted something plug-and-play and this seems to be doing its job although it's still very early to tell.

Anyone else with this experiencing anything similar? Is this to be expected and can I run map 2, the default, which is 4psi over stock safely? I'm already thinking longterm and wondering whether or not I should keep this car for the longterm, or just until the warranty expires and then trade it in. I don't want to do damage to the engine and if I am, then I wouldn't want to keep it past the warranty period unless I purchase an extended warranty.

Thanks for reading my rant/experiences!