View Single Post
      09-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #68
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

i am gonna buy the app, but thanks for mentioning it. i had read about it online prior to purchasing the unit.

also, important to note is that i have the CARB unit as i'm in california (we also only have 91 here as our premium fuel) and i'm not sure what version of what software that has on it, but i know that the unit cannot be updated because a certain version of the software was CARB-certified by executive order at some point in time.

i definitely do not drive the car WOT. i drive normally around town, but i'd like a bit more pickup and go from time to time but even then it's never WOT. i just don't drive that way. on the other hand, i don't drive like a grandma either clearly as i'm buying this unit, but you know, a little extra is always welcomed.

i'll play around with it, but i'll start out with map 1 at 3psi over stock. the website states that the default is actually map 2 at 4psi over stock which people with the lesser model x2s can handle, but i just don't know if this engine can handle that.

i'm kind of thinking that perhaps i won't even notice if it kicks the car back into its default setting whenever it feels it needs to to protect the engine. i mean, as long as there are no CELs and it's not going into limp mode, well then i might not even notice as the car is quick enough as it is, but again, it just comes down to how much quicker the unit makes the car in ideal conditions which appear to temperature dependent based on your experience.

either way, thanks and i'll keep you updated and i definitely might need your help lol