09-15-2020, 02:23 PM   #66
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Sorry it is 3 psi and 4psi.. I was going off memory of my N54/N55 days.. I just went to the website for b48 motor and checked.

First of all did you actually get the Jb4 or the JB+?

If you got the JB4 then did you get a bluetooth connector, or did you get a USB cable? You would best use the software to at least see if your car will kick into safe mode (map 8) or.. I can show you how to custom a new map (map6) and it's pretty darned easy.. set it and forget it. There's a good chance that the 0.5psi might work fine on map 1 for your car, but my car didn't like it. Rememeber car has to be warm.. I think it was oil temp over 160.
i ordered the jb4 with the bluetooth connector. i called them and they said map 1 at 3psi over stock would be fine on 91 octane gas. my car is unmodified as it's brand new, so it'll be put on lowering springs monday and whenever this thing comes i'll install it and hopefully won't have to mess with it much because if i do then it'll become a headache and i'll wind up returning it.

i mean, by warm do you just mean like don't drive it spiritedly? or by warm do you mean the unit won't work at all until it's warmed up and it'll default back to factory settings (map 0)?

when it arrives i'll install it and probably bug you and bms because this unit does not seem like it's plug-and-play.