09-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #56
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
My thoughts is that there has not been anything that has been released that is mature enough to just slap it in/plug and play and be good with it for the M35i platform.

Waiting for industry momentum.

In the mean-time, there appears to be two options, JB4/JB4+ and Dinan. However, I'll be able to approve/disapprove Dinan hopefully when I get it and will advise even if it is an option at that point. At the outset, I am 50/50 on the fence right now.

I'd like to see the JB4, and all plug in sensor cables be the end all be all. OP and others have to prove it out with Burger. And Dynos...
well, i guess i'm in the same boat as you except we are trying out different products.

i don't think there is going to be a large aftermarket support community for this particular configuration of the b48 engine because it's used so sparingly. it won't be until bmw and/or mini decide to use it more robustly in products that appeal to less of a niche market that we'll see aftermarket support. '

keep me updated on your findings and i'll keep you updated on mine. i'm not going to dyno the car because if you absolutely have to dyno it to tell if it's working, then it's not. you can tell with these sorts of devices right away with regard to efficacy.

still want to know what OP had done to his car prior to installation of the jb4 unit as that can make a huge difference. also he may have had loftier expectations than i do. i only plan on running the maps that boost 3 or 4 psi over stock at max boost. is this too much and will it trigger the failsafe mechanism? i'm not sure and i don't think you are either with the device you bought.

best of luck to the both of us!