c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
They should kill the GS already, nobody buys them and Lexus makes more $$$ by selling the ES - rebadged Camry.

GS never got a fair shot due to ES in lineup.
I think the GS was supposed to be like the 5 series. With the Avalon/ES being about the same size and sharing one of (not all) the engines, a buyer probably is left to wonder what they are paying extra for. The materials are a little nicer and it is RWD, but that's about it besides the upcharge.

I agree Lexus could save money by folding a performance trim package with a bigger motor into the ES and just get rid of the GS. When you grow up, you buy the LS if you feel so inclined. They could also offer two hybrid systems, the standard Camry 200hp and the larger 300-330hp v6 which will fit since they already put the v6 in the Avalon/ES. I already own an Avalon Hybrid and would love more power if they offered it in a Hybrid package. The jump from an Avalon hybrid to a GS hybrid is like $25k. So offering a regular performance package and a hybrid performance package sounds good to me lol.
Appreciate 0