View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #20
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventjock View Post
Noob question, but how will you integrate the powered sub into your existing setup? I’m looking for more sound/bass.
On the opposite side of the power inputs of the Match7 amp, there is a LINE OUT jack [(mono) - pic #1] that you plug in a shielded subwoofer cable [(BlueRigger Subwoofer RCA to RCA Audio Cable- Dual Shielded with Gold Plated Connectors, 15FT, Black) - pic #2] to go to the Focal subwoofer. The input jack(s) on the sub is a stereo connection so I purchased a 2-in-1 adapter cable [(Rockford Fosgate RFITY-1F Y Adapter 2 Male to 1 Female Signal Cable) - pic #3] to accept the shielded cable from the Match7 LINE OUT jack and connect to the signal inputs on the Focal sub. To power the Focal sub, I used a cigarette lighter extension cable [(BESTEK 12.1ft / 3.7m 12V 24V Cigarette Lighter Extension Cord, 12AWG Heavy Duty Cigarette Lighter Cable with Cigarette Lighter Plug Socket, Black) - pic #4] with the female socket cut off to expose the two, 12AWG conductors inside. These wires were then connected to the power input on the Focal sub. The male plug on the opposite end of this extension cable plugs into the power outlet located on the passenger side of the trunk. Frequency response (and additional amplification, if needed) of/by the subwoofer is done by adjusting the controls on the sub itself. The Match7 amp does not acoustically process (DSP) this signal, only enables it by turning ON/OFF this channel.

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 06-10-2020 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0