View Single Post
      11-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #17
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT BMWX1 View Post
I borrowed a Windows laptop and loaded the SUV settings to the Match amp. Sounds so much better. My question is the low pass filter setting. Why wouldn’t the low pass (the one on the right) be set to reflect the frequency response of the speaker?
Brother, I'm struggling just like you to wrap my head around this whole high / lowpass filter setting. I understand the concept but thought that these settings should reflect just the frequency range of the installed HiFi speakers.

Problem is that I can't find these frequency response specs anywhere on the web. So I reached out to an audio pro (Technic) on the other board with my question for these settings, since I was customizing the downloaded, pre-configured SUV Sound file. Below is a copy of his response:

The result for me was that everything sounded muffled (all mids and muddy) with muted (limited) high frequencies. I ended up just adjusting both filter sliders wider to get back those high frequencies that were missing and just used the equalizer to contour the newly available audio sound to my liking. I sure would be open to any audiophiles suggestions that have experience with this setting in our BMW's.

The best explanation that I found about/for crossover settings is this vid on YouTube:

Problem again is that I can't find the resonate frequency or other specs on the HiFi speakers (4's & 8's).

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 11-25-2019 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: Added video link
Appreciate 0