3ismagic#
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 330Xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
Overall it was pretty easy to work with.
you will want to make sure:
1) you do any paint correction etc. before applying the CSL. That because once its on its on and tough to remove and will 'lock' in any defects etc. So take the time to get the paint looking tippy top and free of swirls etc.

2) before application make sure you wipe the paint down with some kind of IPA solution (panel wipe, carpro eraser) to remove any polish/wax oils and residues to make sure the coating bonds with the clear coat.
My M340i is going to be delivered in a few weeks. You said you did yours 2 weeks after getting it. I was planning on coating mine within a day or two of getting it. Do you think it would require a 2 bucket wash before CSL or would Panelwipe be sufficient?

I was thinking of getting the GTech CSL/EXOv/Panel wipe kit. Because it would be essentially brand new I figured the panel wipe would take off any residue that could be on it from shipping. Then be able to CSL-->EXOv.

Thoughts?
If it were me I'd wash and then assess. I'd check to see if it needs clay/decon or any paint correction.

Then after that I'd do the panel wipe and coating.
Appreciate 0