04-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #16
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Aww nuts, so my wife just told me and I pulled the same code. The only thing is that the part does not match yours: ours has a dual hose valve, not a single one. I verified the different part numbers and both are compatible, but definitely not the same!

Any good way to actually troubleshoot the valve? Do you hear it click on and off? The genuine ones seems out of stock, I'm not sure if I dare use a no name part. I'll call up my dealer tomorrow and see if they have one in stock.
Hi rice_rocket88! I believe the difference is that I have the EU model, while you have the US model.

To be honest, I didn't get a code. I'm troubleshooting an idle problem. The revs vary while starting the engine and don't keep at a certain level like it is supposed to. First, they go a little down to 600 RPMs (makes you believe the engine will stop) and then immediately go up higher to 1700 RPMs or so. Other than that, the car drives great.

Not even the BMW service guys could diagnose my problem, so I'm changing what I read here and there that could be its root: MAF sensor, throttle body, fuel vent sensor, etc. But no luck so far .