View Single Post
      11-22-2021, 11:36 PM   #21
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I still think people will buy them in droves. The V6s are probably like 90% of sales generally don't sound good but sell well due to their styling and overall image they portray. A lot of their customers tend to be obnoxious/ratchet so as a result many V6 models have cheap nasty exhausts thrown on. I'm curious to see how things will play out.

I do think a lot of their loyal customers will be disappointed, and maybe some will defect to Ford. But I also think a lot of them may stick around in order to have the bragging rights of the fastest muscle car on the block.
This is exactly why the Challenger and Mustang are better sellers than the Camaro. The Camaro is a better chassis and when equipped with the top powertrains, an extremely capable car, around a track, whatever...but most of the sales are not V8 1LEs, ZL1s, most of the sales are the lesser V6 and I4 cars. And at the lesser engine trims, you'd be stupid to buy the Camaro with it's worse visibility and ergonomics over the easier-to-live-with competition. Sure, a V6 camaro still has a good chassis, but people at the lower price-point aren't going for maximum performance anymore and volume sales easily trump a better performing car for the bottom line. 99% of the people buying a car aren't going for maximum performance.