View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

After my most spirited drive to date in my F80 ( close to broken in ) today. About 4h through the Italian, Swiss and Austrians alps with numerous Stelvio like serpentine roads and open roads mixed with traffic where I probably overtook ~ 50 times to me the car feels like a close to 500 hp ( crank rated ) car from my butt dyno. It doesn't have nearly the top end drama of the S65 but it passes cars like a bullet and pin my wife nicely to the seat. It feels wayyyyyy stronger than for example the N63TU at 440 hp, wayyyyyyy stronger. Sure the lower weight and the LSD contributes but g'damn it pulls hard from down low. Modest P-cars disappear quickly in the rear view mirror during acceleration... The car feel big though, and I really wish the steering was more communicative. It's the one thing that I miss more than the S65.

It is a bit of beast for sure. Very impressive power and I had genuinely fun today, something the F10 for example wasn't able to be on the same/similar roads. The suspension is great.

Last edited by solstice; 08-10-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0