View Single Post
      02-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #11
Beemerbuster
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.5D

My 2016 2.5D MSport has had the iDrive head unit replaced due to complete failure. Drivers seat sub base (metallic bits) replaced to cure slide side movements. Engine/ transmission rear mounting replaced to cure clunk noise. This didn't cure problem so front wishbones replaced which has now cured the intermittent noise.
After the front wishbones had been replaced there was a very slight mis alignment of the steering wheel.
Return visit to dealership for a full alignment check has cured this and also found the rear wheel alignment, camber, castor angles etc to be outside limits. This has all been corrected.
Thankfully all work covered under warranty. On dealers invitation my car is going back next week for a full end of manufacturers warranty check. Having its first MOT same day so if any issues warranty should cover?
On paper not the most reliable car but I am a fussy sod and possibly many owners would have lived with issues such as slight clunk noise and seat movement but for me it's like the annoying rattle or creak in the trim.
Appreciate 0