01-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #418
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
This is why you have to customize your workout like you would you car. Just because the exercise works for one guy does not mean it will work for you. I spent years just trying to develop some routines that I know work for me.

If you notice the gym is like a tribal community. You got our "alpha's" and your followers. Now if you notice the "alpha" is always the bigger guy while the followers can never quite keep up. The reason for this is that the "alpha" is doing a routine that suits his body while the followers are just mindless drones, quick to copy what ever he does. What they don't realize is that the workout he's doing is probably not customized to their needs. This is one of the main reasons why most people can't grow; diet aside I mean.

Personaly when it comes to the gym I think the lone wolf mentality works best.
You can usually tell how full of shit someone is as soon as they start with the car analogies.

Did you mean to quote me on this, because this is entirely irrelevant to my last post. Its also retarded.

Sure, different approaches work slightly better for certain people (insulin resistant people do better on low carbs, while insulin sensitive people do better on higher carbs, shit like that) but people are not beautiful and unique snowflakes who must find the one magical formula that works for them. Theres shit that works, and shit that doesnt. The 'alphas' youre referring to have good genetics and/or are on drugs and will excel regardless of what they do. There are others with shitty genetics who will generally get the same shitty results regardless of what they do. Its not a matter of 'holy fuck I was doing 4 sets of barbell curls when i should have been doing 5, now zomg Im so jacked.'

I dont know what kind of gym you go to, but my gym is not a tribal community. People come, do their shit, and leave.

Last edited by oldaccount; 01-29-2010 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0