View Single Post
      02-02-2023, 10:30 AM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

My biggest gripe is the throttle response/lag. The car itself drives like a raw animal vs a more refined luxury ride. I too have had a lot of cars/experience and I changed from an e60 535xi to this because I did blow my back and I would literally roll out of my car to get out! That car I had for a while and modded it out in many ways. It is like a few ft longer and wider, but the seats were way nicer, the sound proofing etc was a billion times more.

But...

The m35i gives me smiles and giggles because it's stock with the exhaust, brakes, seats, LSD. Sure I added a little more gusto with the Jb4 and one of these days I'll be able to get onto a dyno for fun. It is so tiny, different handling because it is light. (Although FWD biased so not the same drive as my E60). The X3 m40i would be more luxury drive like my E60. It was a tough call for me what I was going to do to replace the E60 with my bad back but the m35i model came out just in time. Just enough power and goodies to make me look twice at it. I would say you should drive it as you might "like" the X3 drive and hate the downgrade/sportier drive of the X2. The X3 b58 motor sounds grumbly nice and has a lot of power. It is geared maybe more towards highway. The X2 is very quick because of the pickup and weight maybe up to 60 or 80mph.
Appreciate 2