View Single Post
      06-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #75
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. F31 is offered with one engine only and for some reason it has a weird price point in the US.
Starting prices in the US,
328iAT - $41,950
X1 x28i - $33,000
X3 x28i - $40,600

In Germany however,

328iAT - 42,450 EUR
X1 x28i - 43,250 EUR
X3 x28i - 48,300 EUR

It is no surprise that X1 and X3 outsells Touring in the US.

Is it correct that the next X2 goes under the F39 development code?

A while ago, in another thread, I asked you about the F05, but got no reply. Since you are active in this thread, can you talk what type of a project it was? This site claimed that [this was an F05](http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165576), but it is obviously an F07.
F07 originally was intended to be an R-Klasse type vehicle but it had many premium features that distinguished it from the van and bus like R-Klasse.
It had rear hinged doors and a lower roofline and glasshouse and also seven seats. It was very innovative even more so than the R-Klasse,it was also very sporty and dynamic looking. But reaction to the R-Klasse gave time to further develop the car as something different still which ended up with the RFK morphing into the 5er Gran Turismo.

Although at BMW ideas don't die. They are simply put on the shelf for later and the ideas in RFK are being considered for a concept that deals with sustainable mobility so we will see the idea of RFK in a future model.
Attached Images