04-16-2024, 09:46 AM   #22
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny01 View Post
I have an 11, 13, and 15 year old. A few things to keep in mind:

- Infant, diaper, toddler phase feels like an eternity and lasted nearly a decade. It turns into a rote behavior, but still got old quickly.
- Vacations are significantly more expensive. You’ll eventually need a larger room / two rooms for hotels and cruises, and as mentioned above most packages come in 4s, nothing comes in 5s.
- Coordinating school, kids’ activities, homework, etc. is significantly more complicated with 3 than 2. My kids attend three different schools and also have soccer, dance, and gymnastics after school. It's a lot.

And I’d still do it again. Kids are amazing, house is full of love, they’re all best friends, they get along extremely well, and they take care of themselves.

This is awesome, thank you for sharing.

I have quite a few siblings - (let's just say, more than 5)
Money doesn't matter to kids as much as time. And the secret to having all of them is having them closer in age.

It's a crazy concept that something as natural as having children, which for basically all of humanity was seen as a blessing - is now an inconvenience and a financial burden. we have allowed people to profit off something that happens every day all over the world naturally from animals to people.

Scripturally speaking - Children are a blessing from YWYH, and the more the merrier.

Psalms 127:3 WEBUS
Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward.