11-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #118
El Greco DC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigP View Post
Just want to add my voice to this thread. I actually joined just so I could comment here. I too was looking at different things when test driving the car (in my case, choosing between the 19s and 20s), so the little delay wasn't perceptible (and probably wouldn't have had me change my mind anyway...). When I first started feeling the delay, I told myself (and my son) that I needed to learn how to drive the car. The delay then the jerky acceleration was embarrassing and unsafe in the ways already described, but I thought it was just a "touch" issue and I would figure it out. No such luck. I agree with most of the observations others have have shared but I can't say I have a sense of the root problem. I don't know what transmission decoupling is, but it sure does feel like it's still in 2nd gear as you slowly drift through a turning stop, and then has no idea what's happening when you give the accelerator a little thrust. I'd guess it's all ECU programming, since I had similar (but far lesser) issues on my last two X1 35i vehicles that improved dramatically when I did the Dinan flash tune. For now, I've used Bimmercode to disable the auto start/stop and to begin in sport mode, but (as others have said) the problem is still there (it's just more responsive. and fun, as a rule). The pedal tuner seems a bit inelegant to me and at least one user suggested this specific problem didn't disappear, so I guess I/we are just going to have to wait until somebody with a proven track record releases something that tightens things up. However, in case BMW actually monitors threads like these for real-world feedback, I wanted to put my experience in writing for the record...
Thank you so much for posting this. I really hope BMWUSA reads these forums as you suggest.
Appreciate 0