View Single Post
      02-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Apple Products

Hi time to decide on my next computer apple/pc ??

I have sorted of fallen for apple products and every time i look there is a excuse to buy something new .Now my current pc is a sony vaio grt 916 it cost approx £1500 3or 4 yrs ago and to be honest its been fantastic no real problems that said i only use it for internet explorer no gaming or work related issues

I want a decent size screen 17" also im thinking of going apple this time and loading a copy of windows xp on it .

my problem is i cant decide but i have two older boys at home aged 20 and 21 who both went apple why wtf ? .

stick with what you know now these boys have three pc they use at home on our home network wireless bt hub 801g or something

This new machine will be a extra so we have five at home .I have a wife and younger son 13 who would proberbly use this new computer the youngest uses msn messanger quite a lot and also you tube and has a large selection of photos on the sony vaio

My question is will msn messanger run on a apple or will i need to swap to xp for it to work as i belive its a microsoft prog .

Also what is the best screen gloss/matt/hd .there is to much choice

I am thinking macbook pro17" or do i go and buy another sony vaio ar 61s £1200 against the apple £1700
Appreciate 0