02-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #1978
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
Even my buddies say the same. For some strange reason suicide grip feels comfortable for me, but you're absolutely right.

I always tell myself to relax or its volume day but I get carried away easily. Trying to find moderation between when its ok to push myself and when to back off a bit.
Find yourself a program if your not following one. I recommend Wendler 3/2/1 as it sounds like it's right up your alley. It focuses on the 3 big lifts, and lets you add in auxillary exercises for the small body parts. If you have an Android phone, there are plenty of apps that are free with it. I use one called zero to hero. In it I select powerlifting as opposed to bodybuilding, then select the Wendler program I want.

Basically you tell it how many days you want to be in the gym, plug in your maxes, and it will generate a program that will adjust weight and volume for you. Then at the end, it gives you a week of active recovery where you are still working out, but cutting back enough to start your next cycle.

Plus it will have your set weights, and you just plug in your reps. It will automatically adjust for new 1 rep maxes automatically for your next cycle start.

Wendler is a hybrid Westside program, and has produced some very strong people.

Last edited by Rmtt; 02-28-2020 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 1