02-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #12
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Yes, we wanted to go back to maldives for our honeymoon but this time at a 5 star resort(stayed at a 4 star last time) but wifey said wanted a different scenery this time. You get drained but the min you step into your villa it's worth it. If you don't want to travel far I highly recommend turks & cacios. Best in the carribean.

We went over budget on our honeymoon but hey you only live once and those experiences and memories are priceless.
I'll check out Turks & Cacios. Appreciate the advice, I'm wary of the travel time, but maybe I shouldn't be. Like you said it melts as soon as you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Maldives look amazing on paper but you're essentially a hostage once you're at your resort of choice. It's not like you can pop out and experience local culture. You're on a speck of sand with only the hotel, its restaurants, and the staff. That's. It. Anything more than five days and you go a bit stir-crazy, making the four days of travel to get there seem much more onerous.

Grace Bay in Turks & Caicos is the nicest strip of sand I've ever been on. It is gorgeous. If you want high-end, Parrot Cay and Amanyara have a similar issue as Maldives. It's a secluded paradise but you get tired of the dining options and there's nowhere to explore.

Another option is Harbour Island in the Bahamas. It's gorgeous and less-traveled and fairly exclusive. It's WORLDS closer to home, yet a world away.

As cliche as Hawaii may seem, the north shore of Kauai is stunning. Hanalei Bay is exquisite. It's SUPER laid back.

There are some other obscure locales in the Caribbean. Canouan Island has a Mandarin Oriental that's supposed to be nice. Palm Island in the Grenadines.
Thanks for the suggestions! Going to browse around and see what I can find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
with coronavirus outbreak on cruiseships i would be hesitant to travel any where until it under control
I've been following coronavirus pretty closely. Fortunately this is not until late September, hoping that the world gets it's shit together by then. Vaccination should hopefully be developed by then (who know's maybe we're all screwed). Regardless, after what happened on the Diamond Princess I am a little wary of the cruise ships.
Appreciate 0