View Single Post
      07-23-2022, 08:29 PM   #5
jvivlemore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Welcome! I'm at 88,000 miles ('18 X2 w/ XDrive) and had only had two issues so far.

#1) When the temperature is over 70-75 degrees even applying gentle pressure to the gas pedal from a stop or around 30-40mph I will feel intermittent power to the drivetrain. This is even more noticeable and drastic if I accelerate immediately after turning or in a turn. This has been ongoing since 50,000 miles and the dealership before my warranty expired wasn't able to find an issue because I took it in when the weather was 50-60 degrees and couldn't be repeated and there was no error codes. An independent shop did notice this during a test drive and said it MIGHT be a rear differential issue. I've lived with it for a while but plan on having that independent shop dive into it more soon.

#2) This issue literally happened yesterday. I had a turn signal bulb out and replacing it didn't fix it so after talking to the independent shop owner, some forums, and FB groups found out that this vehicle had issues with the taillight assembly design. Where the turn signal bulb socket screws into the taillight assembly there are two silver contact points on the housing. The black plastic for the assembly had melted around that point so the metal from the socket wasn't making contact with the metal on the housing. I took a wood/metal file and some sandpaper and removed the melted plastic and cleaned up the contact point today and my signal lights work again. The other fix is to just replace the taillight assembly which is super easy to do but they run about $260 a piece. I spent $13 in tools and fixed it myself.

While the first issue is super annoying and stresses me out when it happens, I still love the car and plan on spending whatever it costs to fix it because I plan on keeping the car until it literally won't run anymore.
Appreciate 0