03-15-2019, 03:41 AM   #6
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
All this techie stuff is beyond me. However a month or so ago, I got a message on the screen that an update was available. I think it should have auto updated? How do I check? Idiots step by step guide please!!! I have the large screen in my car and another 21months of “free” stuff.
Go to Navigation, scroll down to 'Settings', then to 'Position & Version' followed by 'Version' and on to 'Version Information', which should show whether you've updated to 2019-2. I think, from memory, that's all you need, but it is reasonably intuitive, even for someone as ancient as me! So far as you having the larger screen, as your X1 is a little 'older' than mine I cannot be absolutely sure if you have iDrive 6, but perhaps someone else can comment on that.
I don't know whether you would have had to accept the message you had on-screen for the over-the-air update, or if it was then actioned, but I've asked my son if he had to accept or if it was automatic on his 1 Series (he has iDrive 6 too) and will update idc.
UPDATE: My son says he had to accept the update and it applied more or less immediately whereas on previous over-the-air updates its taken approx 15 minutes to apply.

Last edited by oakey46; 03-15-2019 at 04:29 AM..
Appreciate 0