08-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #39
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jz View Post
This is going to be a hot car. While ~$4000 is a big price bump, there's also a huge bump in standard equipment.

all-wheel drive, standard xLine with 18s, and power tailgate just to name a few.
Not just all wheel driver... Full time with torque split... and able to put 100% of power to the rear wheels also ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
Kind of expensive for what you get, no? And with a FWD platform is there anything "BMW" about it that justifies a higher price compared to the competition? I don't see a competitive advantage on this one.

Why not get a Q3 or a GLC/K...
xdrive standard isn't a competitive advantage? I though jz.list was pretty good set of differentiators... at least from the old x1.. which sure seemed to take it's fair share of the market... the F48 is clearly more vehicle standard than what owners got with a base E84....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
You got an F48 as a loaner in June?
likely an E84...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
There is nothing out there crossover wise that drives like the current X1. Whoever claims different hasn't driven the lot I bet.

What bugs me truly is that the old one is significantly faster than the new one, and most likely handles better.

But this is better value for sure, mine was $42k and has far fewer goodies. I guess we'll see what the lease rates will be next year. If not I'll lease second hand a nice E84 M sport with the N55 engine, that's a proper little rocket.
Ha... was just saying that about value.. Definitely agree with you..

However.. with the F48 M sport not being available immediately.... I might also look for an E84 M sport right away..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 08-25-2015 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0