On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Are you incapable of acknowledging the speed restriction isn't intended to be only a top speed limiter? You keep pointing to the top speed limit like it excuses all the other speed limiting. Would you support a vehicle manufacturer limiting your vehicle's speed to the posted speed limit?

Where does this confidence come from where you steadfastly envision vehicles will remain unlimited on racetracks?

This whole thread reminds me of the famous poem about the creep of governmental tyranny by Martin Niemöller...
Although this topic is not about governmental action, it is about incremental intrusion on freedom and autonomy. I believe we are already way over-regulated and limited by sources public and private. And I know it usually comes incrementally. For me, it’s a matter of both principle and preference. No, I’m not okay with this for the reasons I previously stated, and I would never buy such a car. What saddens me is that very few others seem to hold these values dear, and it is making us less great as a species.