View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

I had these pretty badly and finally gave up messing around with shoes and such and went to a physical therapist. I was highly impressed, just from watching me walking up and down the hallway she knew exactly my history on leg injuries - a hyper-extended knee and a sprained ankle. Seems I'd limped around a month or two while those things healed and to a small extent those changes stuck with me. I left her office with a variety of exercises to do, and went back after a month for a follow up for some different ones. I actually stuck with the exercises and after about 2 months total I was running w/ out any pain at all. Over that summer I went from being able to run about a mile, maybe two before it hurt too badly to continue to being able to run a half marathon distance.

Long story short - see a physical therapist that specializes in those things and don't bother trying to fix yourself if you really don't know what the problem is. Maybe I got lucky but my PT was awesome and for the cost of a couple co-pays actually did "fix" me.
Appreciate 0