View Single Post
      08-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
I was actually using Shell prior and I still use Shell but predominantly Sunoco but the issue was that specific gas station and it's owner. The owner determines what blend goes into the tank and what prices are affixed to its gas. They did do one test and found 18% ethanol in the tank. From that point on I never went back and have had no issues since.
That corroborates what my dealer srvc dept told me.. Before I ordered my 135i, asked them whats with the HPFP issues, and he said they were attributing it to elevated ethanol in some non name-brand gas stations.

Its very hard to know this content if no percentage is listed.. and even if it is, theres no guarantee that that content is really whats in there. With such a variable and seemingly loosely regulated ethanol condition, maybe they should be making the pumps seals robust enough to deal with real american condtions!

Lastly, who did the test on your gas and came up with the large ethanol content; was it the Dealer? I know mine has tested the gas on some cars they had to replace pumps on, so it's certainly suspected as a potential or real cause among some dealers. I just wish I knew how to avoid ethanol scamming stations before pumping their gas is all!